“Why should I buy a franchise rather than start up on my own” is a question that many people ask and indeed it is one that you should consider yourself before you proceed. Business Format Franchising to give it it’s full title is based on replicating a business model that has already been tested and proved by someone else (the franchisor).
Pro. Clinics has since 2013 proven that the demand exists for the services that we provide, has developed the methodology and sourced the best equipment to provide the treatments for our clients and has proven marketing techniques to gain business. In addition the profitability of the business can be substantiated via our accounts. All of the above means that the risk to you as a Pro. Clinics franchisee are greatly reduced versus ‘going it alone’.
One last thing, like most businesses we have, occasionally, made mistakes! However we have learned from them and as our franchisee we will ensure that you do not make those same mistakes.
Obviously you would expect us to say all of the above. So in order to back up our claims the facts on the right hand side of this page come from the 2018 NatWest and British Franchise Association survey into franchising. Reading them provides a compelling case for deciding to operate under a proven franchise system. We hope that you agree.
Key Statistics from the NatWest/BFA Survey 2018
- £17.2 billion is the turnover of UK franchise businesses
- This is a 14% increase since 2015
- 935 different franchise systems operate nationally
- 710,000 are employed within franchising
- Again a 14% increase since the last survey
- 48,600 franchised units operate in the UK
- 93% of franchises trade profitably
- 37% of new franchisees are female
- The Personal Services Sector (which would include Pro. Clinics has shown the largest growth alongside Store Retailing
- All the major High Street Banks are supportive of franchises and may fund 50% -70% of the required capital.